Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Camp Happy Days ~ San Clemente

Some background for those of you that have no clue what Camp Happy Days is... Every summer since I can remember my Mom's whole side of the family would get together for a week in Prescott, Lake Tahoe, a beach house, just where ever and hang out. And the name came from their last name, Day, so there you have it Camp Happy Days was created.
Well for the last couple of years we haven't had a "formal" CHD because we've had weddings to attend so this year marked the return of our crazy clan to the beach! We had lots of fun playing in the pool, beachin it, celebrating birthdays, 62nd wedding anniversaries, bonfires at the beach, picking strawberries, and causing mayhem.

Pizza at Assagio's in Seaport Village, San Diego
Waiting for our pizza looking out at all the boats (sorry Aaron for cutting you out but it was the only one that both boys were looking)
Mexican food dinner mayhem and we weren't even all here yet
Boston jumping in
Serenading Aunt Katie for her birthday
The cousins (plus Pat)
Kaitlin did something to Boston, what we're still not sure
Recovering from Kaitlin
My family (minus Aaron & the boys, they were on the swing set and it would've been murder to get them off) with the founders of CHD Nummy and Pop Pop (I'll explain the names some other time)
Boston waving at the train, he and Gavin would stop what they were doing to wave every time a train passed, this time he stopped climbing the stairs to the slide (he's between the guy in green and the little girl in yellow)
The Bairs
My aunt Amy and cousin Kristy
picking strawberries
I'm in heaven! Strawberries as far as you can see...
We just ate and ate and then put a few in the bucket and then ate and ate some more definitely worth $17
Our glorious strawberries
Aaron paddle boarding (I learned too but no one took any pics so you'll all have to just believe how awesome I was, haha!)
Learning how to paddle
Aaron taking Gavin out, he was freaked out and then did a 180 and was ready to go
Catching sand crabs
Look at that GUT!!!
The Midway in San Diego
A Pirate Ship!!!

PS I'd do a slideshow but don't know how so sorry there's a lot of pics!

3 comments:

  1. I live right past those strawberry fields! so funny! I hope the weather was nice part of the time you were here, it was cloudy for like a month straight until Monday, now it finally feels like Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chellie Boo, your pics are AMAZING!!!!! You really captured our crazy fun family antics at Camp Happy Days...Popsie and I LOVED having so much time to play with everyone...that was a true luxury for us!!!

    One of my favorite memories has to be watching the Bair Boys 'light up come running laughing and yelling' when we showed up somewhere and they spotted us!!!! (of course, we were doing THE SAME THING from our end when we saw them!!!!).

    Looking forward to our NEXT adventure!!!

    Love & Kisses,

    Popsie & Kini

    ReplyDelete
  3. We think 'Goldilocks' could make a business out of her most excellent baking skills in the winter.....do chocolate dipped ginormous STRAWBERRIES in the summer....!!!!

    YUMMMMMYYYYYY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete