Wednesday, July 28, 2010

R.I.P. Drifter

My sweet horse Drifter died today, he broke his shoulder. He was 30 years old and my Mom got him when I was about 4 years old. Drifter wasn't meant to be mine but thats what happened, we adopted each other. He was trained to be a western riding cutting horse, which means they stay low to the ground. But when I started riding hunter/jumper, english, I got him to jump and do things that he shouldn't be doing which amazed my Mom's trainer. He was the sweetest most loving and caring horse and will be missed.

Him getting kisses from me.

This is him meeting Gavin for the first time.

1 comment:

  1. Drifter helped raise you and Colie...and all of your cousins...and your own kids...he was the first horse each of you ever rode..He was your Dad's and my first cutting horse...He loved us as much as we loved him for sure...

    The first time Gavin & Boston and I went to 'feed the horses' after we lost sweet Drifter...Boston ran to the corrals, grabbed the bar of the fence, leaned over it to look and called"Driffer!!! Driffer!!! Talk about bittersweet...You and Drifter were 'matgic' together...he considered you his from the time you were Gavin's age now...he would just light up when he saw you...and when you brought your Boys to meet him as babies he understood who they were and loved them just as much...we will all hold him in our hearts always. Hold onto all of those great memories!!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete