I last minute decided to take the boys to the Mesa Veteran's Day Parade, and we weren't disappointed. We met up with Jessica, Anaston and Reese and had a front row spot right on the corner of Main & Center. They handed out flags to the kids which kept them entertained for most of the 1 hour 45 minute parade!! Yes you read that right almost a 2 hour parade which included a fly by at the beginning with a B-52 and then about half way through with 2 yellow biplanes.
Happily waiving their flags waiting for the parade to reach us.
I just LOVE this one! So patriotic.
Boston was so adorable the whole time he should've been on one of the "floats." He just kept waving hi, clapping and waving his flag.
Gavin and Anaston being silly
Waving to one of the many floats, vehicles, marchers, etc that they had in the parade.
This was the most moving part of the parade. There were three or four groups of Jr. ROTC kids from Mesa high schools carrying 130+ banners honoring those Arizona soldiers who had lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan. Each banner had a photo with information on the individual (I wish I could've read them all) and a wreath. Very sad and humbling.
The second most moving part of the parade was at the beginning when they sang the anthem. You have this crowded street packed with kids of all ages and once it started everyone was just silent and respectful, seriously not a peep out of anyone, amazing. I am just so thankful for this wonderful country that I am able to live in and for all the rights and freedoms that I have. I am extremely grateful for all the men and women that have served and are serving my country!! Especially for those that have paid with the ultimate sacrifice, and for their families. Thank you!!



What a very patriotic thing to do...the Veteran's Day Parade snuck by the rest of us....but it won't next year!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat you wrote was from the heart and it is very moving to read...another kudo to you 'Chellie Boo...
The only other thing you could do to support the troops is let the govt make a poster from Boston's great pic with the flag!!!
WAY TO GO BAIR FAMILY!!!
Love,
Popsie & Kini xoxoxoxox