Monday, January 17, 2011

Food Storage and Costco

I've been trying to stock our pantry and get at least a 3 month supply going. Which has been hard because I didn't know where to really start or how much of what we needed. So I found this great site that creates an excel sheet for your individual circumstance. Go to Food Storage Made Easy and click on 3 Month Food Supply Excel Worksheet. You can customize it by how large your family is, how many months you want to store and how much you already have. Its a great place to start with, I now know I have plenty of pasta but need more of other things.

Then the other thing I've been wondering is if Costco is really cheaper than shopping sales and couponing. So I found this other site Queen Bee Coupons and she has made a Costco price list for Washington state (click here for hers). I became OCD and went to Costco and created my own list to share with all of you. (click here for mine) My prices were taken at the Mesa, Az Costco on January 17, 2011 if you find that a price has changed or want me to add something on to it let me know.

I hope that this information is helpful :)

4 comments:

  1. Costco has some really great food storage! Thanks for the info.My sister-in-law and I checked out their prices and found it was better/easier to go with Mountain House. However, they had really great bins of honey (which I don't think ever go old) and we really liked their milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are AMAZING.,..Great work 'Chellie Boo!!!

    Ket's go together to buy our various inventories!!!

    Love you

    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Michelle , was it your opinion that Costco is better priced than local grocery and coupon clipping?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathi I don't know if Costco is better or not thats why I made this list. I want to compare things that are on sale or I have a coupon to what they cost at Costco. Costco for sure has better quality items.

    ReplyDelete