Gavin's 4th birthday started out with mickey mouse pancakes and opening 2 presents. Then we went to the gym came home and I got in the shower so we could take him to lunch. I get out of the shower and hear just a weird noise so I look around the corner into the family room and Gavin has opened ALL of his birthday presents!!! Aaron was in the office busy and couldn't stop him so after all my hard work wrapping, decorating and getting ready for his birthday and I don't even get to enjoy watching him open his presents. Aaron tried taking some pictures of Gavin sitting in the middle of torn wrapping paper and empty bags but Gavin wanted no part in it, grumpy birthday boy. So then we went to Red Robin for lunch and he got a free kids meal and an ice cream sundae. They came out to sing to him and he tried to dive under the table and hide, Aaron had to hold him up, he was just so shy/embarrassed. Then we went home and got ready for the family birthday party.
I had to ice his cake, which I had all planned out in my brain exactly how it was going to look, and to me it was a disaster. I wanted a silver cake with a red Transformers symbol, the silver ran out and the red came out as pink, then I didn't have any silver to touch up the red bleed spots, and then I had to mix icing for his cupcakes, the yellow and blue, and they looked 'baby showerish'. But oh well they tasted great and I've learned not to decorate ice cakes anymore from now on just basic icing for me.
So birthday dinner with the family followed by presents and cake and ice cream. Gavin does not like being the center of attention, he got so shy again when were singing to him and he refused to blow out the candles. He wanted Aaron to help him so Aaron pretended to blow and Gavin finally did it! Later that night after Aaron had put him to bed Gavin came out and told me that tomorrow at his friends party he was going to blow out the candles...
The party continues.... isn't that the best stretching your birthday out over multiple days? I planned a Transformers party for him and his little friends, the first 'friends party' for him. It was hilarious, we played musical chairs I wish I could've taken pictures, the kids would run in opposite directions and kept going back to 'their' chairs before the music would end. Then they would be so loud they wouldn't hear the music end, anyways they had tons of fun and it was hilarious to watch. Then we just had a dance crazy break before doing the pinata (which is that blurry pic in the slide show). Next the came the world's strongest pinata ever! All the kids had 2 turns whacking this thing 3 times with an aluminum bat and they barely made a dent in it. Finally I think the sheer weight of the candy in it made the handle start to rip off so Gavin was able to make it fall down but I had to shake all the candy out of it. (I took pictures of all the kids hitting it and they're all blurry/sun spotted, dumb camera!) We then went inside to do cupcakes and guess what Gavin would not blow out his candles! Seriously what it up with this kid? So Sam and Ryder did the honors. Then on to opening presents, Gavin scored some awesome toys and was very excited for all of them. Then later that night we watched Transformers but Gavin passed out from sheer exhaustion.
All in all he had a great birthday thanks to everyone that helped celebrate it with us! He's so excited to be 4 years old!
A look back at the last 4 years:
birth



I can't believe you have a 4 year old, he looks like such a babe in the 4 year photo!
ReplyDeleteGavin, stop growing!!! So cute, Michelle. So sad we weren't there. :-(
ReplyDelete